Monday, November 09, 2009

Week in Review

Monday - Started potty training Ashleigh. Not much success.
Tuesday - Continued training. Wondering why I thought I could do this. Talked with a friend who gave me some advise. Seems to be working.
Wednesday - Only 1 accident all day! And she is coming to me and telling me when she has to go.
Thursday - Again only 1 accident. Went #2 on the potty!
Friday - Made it through a whole day accident free. What a girl. Cranky in the evening goes to bed without dinner.
Saturday - Wakes up at 2:30 the next morning to go potty, decides she's hungry, eats, too awake to sleep, stays up till 5:00. Then Kenyon wakes at 5:30. Not much sleep for mom. Souper Saturday for mom. Dad home with kids and Ashleigh did great. 6pm she ended up with fever of 102.9.
Sunday - Still feverish. All day can't get it to come down 10:30pm it hits 104.6. I call the doctor who says as long as it stays below 105 we are ok but get her into the doctor in the morning. Jeff rides the couch, Ashleigh sleeps in bed with mom. Neither of us get much sleep.
Monday - 8:15 go to the doctor. He takes a swab to run test = swine flu. Get prescription, cancel preschool for the week, keep her away from others for 5-7 days. Pray and hope that it ends with her and doesn't go through the rest of the kids.

8 comments:

Jill said...

oh shoot.

Stacey said...

Oh man, that sucks Karolyn! Sorry!! Is that why I didn't see you at church on Sunday?

Leah said...

grr...now where did she get that? I am so sorry! Hang in there!

M. G. said...

Oh..how scary. I hope she just gets well very soon...and no passing it to the other kids. I always hated that part...one illness=1 month of sickness for mom. Hang in there.

Amanda said...

so much for potty training...

SouthernAZ WOLFINGTON said...

ohhh shoot for sure. Is she feeling any better? Dang swine flu!

Unknown said...

Things are good. All she had was the fever! (knock on wood) No one else has shown signs of catching it.

Meagan said...

yikes! I'm glad everything turned out ok. Looks like you guys had fun in Mexico!!!